I have begun to work on knitting my Christmas presents. I have decided to go the knitting route this year, but the only problem is that it might take a while to knit all of the things that I want to knit for all of the people I want to give gifts to. So, I am starting now. I am starting with my immediate family, then my friends, then the rest of my family. I am trying new things, but still trying my best to make it look okay!
There is a cool widget out there called “On the needles” where you can show what you are knitting at this point in time. I am not a big widget person, but I will tell you what is “on the needles”.
I finished a huggie (for a can of soda). I am currently knitting (on three sets of needles) a pillow case, a scarf, a soccer ball, and a hat. Let me clear up a few things.
1. The pillow case is light pink. It is for me. I have been working on it off and on for a while now.
2. The scarf is also for me. It is pink and green. I am hoping to felt it. It is currently on a stitch holder waiting for open needles.
3. The soccer ball is for my brother. He is really into soccer, and he is getting into his Irish heritage lately. So, I am knitting him an Irish soccer ball!
4. I am making a hat for myself that is hot pink.
5. The huggie is for my mom. She drinks diet coke all of the time, and so I made her a pink and brown huggie!
6. I am wanting to make many other presents, but I am starting with this. (I am going to buy a T.V. season of a show my dad is really into for him.)
7. I am knitting them all at once. That means that I’m knitting 2-3 rows of one, then the next, etc. I’m not sure if that is the best system, but it works for me!
What do you do for Christmas presents? Do you make them, buy them, or chip in with your siblings?